WHAT TO PACK FOR A SAFARI
Tropical clothing is worn throughout the year, but in the winter warm clothes may be needed, especially in the early mornings and evenings.
Game drives are conducted in the early morning and late afternoon, which can be very cold, especially during the winter months. It is possible that you may go out on a hot day, but be faced with a chilly evening on your return.
Remember that layering your clohting will keep you warmer than relying on one thick item.
What to take?
- Warm jacket for winter and night safaris.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Neutral coloured clothing.
- Shirts with long sleeves and long trousers for in the evening. (even in summer for protection from the sun, mosquitos and tsetse flies)
- Warm clothes during the winter months (May – September) including a windbreaker for e.g. game driving.
- Layered clothing as temperatures may rise in the mornings or drop in the evenings.
- Binoculars and camera.
- Hat and sunglasses.
- Insect repellent.
- Slippers. (don’t walk on bare feet, especially in the dark)